Clotrimazole Vaginal Gel (Candid Vaginal Gel) - Product Information
Candid Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Gel is used to to treat a fungal infection in the vagina and vulval area (thrush). Candid Vaginal Gel is manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. in the strengths of 2% (20 mg/gm).
Candida albicans is a yeast fungus that can multiply rapidly and cause damage to the vagina when other micro-organisms aren't present in a normal balance. Some situations which can increase susceptibility to thrush are Diabetes, Obesity, Illness, Fatigue, Hormonal fluctuations (pregnancy, menstrual cycle, oral contraceptive pill, HRT), Prolonged use of antibiotics or steroids.
Presentation and Marketing of Candid 2% V Gel
Candid 2% V Gel is manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd. , India and is offered to the consumer in a box containing a 30 gm tube.
Candid V Gel Uses
Candid V Gel (Generic Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream) is used for the topical treatment of vaginal yeast (candida) infections. This medicine relieves external vulvar itching and irritation associated with a yeast infection.
Candid V Gel may also be used along with Candid vaginal pessaries in the management of Candida vulvovaginitis or infection of the peri-anal area,while application of the cream to the glans penis of the partner may help prevent re-infection of the female.
Symptoms Of Yeast Infection
Thrush may cause the following symptoms: vaginal itching, vaginal soreness, a white odourless discharge from the vagina (like cottage cheese), pain during intercourse.
Manufacturer of Candid 2% V Gel
Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd.
Active Ingredient present in Candid Vaginal Gel
The active ingredient present in Candid Vaginal Gel is Clotrimazole. Candid 2% Vaginal Gel is supplied in 30 gm tubes, in a box. Each gm of the gel contains 20 mg of Clotrimazole in vanishing cream base.
Generic Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Cream Dosage and Administration
Wash your hands thoroughly before handling the cream or using the applicator. To avoid the possibility of re-infection, strict personal hygiene should be observed.
One applicator full of Generic Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Cream should preferably be inserted in the evening, just before bed time, with the use of an applicator for 3 consecutive days.
Fill enclosed vaginal applicator to the top with Candid Vaginal Gel . Insert deeply into the vagina every night on retiring for three consecutive days even if symptoms disappear. This is best achieved when lying on the back with the legs pulled in a little towards the body. The 20 gm tube of Generic Clotrimazole cream for vaginal use provides for three such doses.
Candid Vaginal Gel Missed Dose Instructions
Use the missed dose as soon as you remember. Skip the missed dose if it is almost time for your next scheduled dose. Do not use extra medicine to make up the missed dose.
Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Gel Overdosage
An overdose of Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal gel is unlikely to take place. Acute overdosage with vaginal application of Clotrimazole is unlikely and would not be expected to create a life-threatening situation. This drug may be harmful if swallowed. If you do suspect that a much larger than normal dose has been used or that Clotrimazole vaginal cream has been swallowed, contact an emergency room or a poison control center.
Generic Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream (Candid Vaginal Gel) Storage
Store Generic Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream (Candid Vaginal Gel) at controlled room temperature (25°C). Protect from light. Keep your cream in the tube until it is time to use it. Keep the medicine where children cannot reach it.
Side Effects of Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Cream
This medicine helps most people with thrush but it may have unwanted side effects in a few patients. Do not be alarmed by the following side effects. You may not experience any of them. The most common Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Cream side effects include slight increase in vaginal discomfort (burning, itching, irritation).
Tell your doctor or pharmacist if you notice any of the following and they worry you:skin reaction to the cream (stinging, redness, blistering, peeling, swelling, itching), pain in the abdomen or pelvic area.
Inform your doctor immediately or go to your nearest Accident and Emergency centre if you experience any of the following: rash
swallowing or breathing problems
swelling of your lips, face, throat or tongue
nausea, weakness, feeling dizzy or faint
Any of the above may be signs of an allergic reaction. Your doctor or health care provider may recommend you discontinue treatment in case you experience these effects.
Generic Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream (Candid Vaginal Gel) Contraindications
Candid V Gel should not be used in the presence of the following situations listed below:
- Hypersensitivity to Clotrimazole, any medicine containing Clotrimazole or to any of the inactive ingredients contained in Candid V Gel
Some of the symptoms of an allergic reaction may include swelling of the parts of the body to which treatment has been applied; rash, itching or hives on the skin.
Interactions of with Other Drugs
Concomitant medication with vaginal clotrimazole and oral tacrolimus (FK-506;immunosuppressant) could lead to increased tacrolimus plasma levels, and similarly with sirolimus. Patients must be thoroughly monitored for symptoms of tacrolimus or sirolimus overdosage, if necessary by determination of the respective plasma levels.
Warnings and Precautions while Using Generic Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream (Candid Vaginal Gel)
The following precautions must be noted when using Generic Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream :
- Candid V Gel is for vaginal use only. Do not use in eyes or take by mouth.
- This medicine is highly effective only in treating vaginal yeast infections.
- Do not use Generic Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream if you have any of the following symptoms: pain in the lower abdomen, back or either shoulder , fever or a foul-smelling vaginal discharge before or during use of this medication.
- In case there is no improvement in 3 days or if symptoms have not disappeared within 7 days, then consult a doctor as not all vaginal infections are caused by yeasts.
- Contact your doctor in case you experience a hives, rash or new irritation while using Candid V Gel
- If you are pregnant or think you may be pregnant or are nursing, do not use this medication except on the advice of a medical practitioner.
- Do not use in girls under 12 years of age, except on the advice of a medical practitioner.
- If skin rash or new irritation occurs, discontinue use.
- Do not rely on latex products such as condoms and diaphragms for prevention of sexually transmitted diseases or pregnancy. Clotrimazole Vaginal cream could reduce the effectiveness and safety of these products when applied to the genital area (women:intravaginally,labia and adjacent area of the vulva; men: prepuce and glans of the penis) and cause them to fail. This effect is temporary and occurs only during treatment.
- Do not use tampons, intravaginal douches, spermicides or other vaginal products while using this medicine.
- If symptoms recur within 2 months, talk to your doctor. You could be pregnant or there could be a serious underlying medical cause for your disease including diabetes or a weakened immune system.
- Using Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream (Candid V Gel) and oral tacrolimus/sirolimus(immunosuppressant) might lead to increased tacrolimus/sirolimusplasma levels.
- In case this is your first yeast infection, please consult your doctor before you start treatment with this medicine.
- In case this medicine is accidentally swallowed, get immediate medical assistance or Poison Control Centre immediately.
- Consult your doctor in case you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream Tablets During Pregnancy
Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream (Candid V Gel) has been classified by the US FDA as Pregnancy Category B. Candid V Gel is very poorly absorbed following dermal application or intravaginal administration of Clotrimazole to humans.
Data from the use of Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream in pregnant women is limited. Animal studies do not display direct or indirect harmful effects with respect to reproductive toxicity. As a precautionary measure, it is preferable to avoid the use of Clotrimazole during the first trimester of pregnancy.
Available pharmacodynamic and toxicological data in animals have shown excretion of Clotrimazole and metabolites in milk. Breast feeding should be stopped during treatment with Clotrimazole Vaginal Cream (Candid V Gel).
Buy Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Cream Online at only $6 per 30 gm Tube
You can buy Clotrimazole 2% Vaginal Cream online from all contraceptives. Candid V Gel, manufactured by Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd., India is supplied in a box containing a 30 gm tube (of Clotrimazole 2% strength). The 30 gm tube containing 2% Clotrimazole cost only $6 per 30 gm tube when you place an order for 20 tubes of 30 gm.
The above information is provided to the best of our knowledge and in good faith, it is without a warrant of any kind, expressed or implied.
There are no Shipping restrictions for this product.