What is Crisanta Contraceptive Pill?
Estrogen Progestin combinations in hormonal contraceptive pills have seen better and better design in terms of lowered doses and newer generation of compounds used therein.
Crisanta contraceptive pill is an example of such forefront innovation that offers the best in terms of efficacy, coupled with least possible side effects. Besides contraceptive role, Crisanta LS provides advantageous uses in varied other disorders of women's health care from control of acne to modulation of irregular cycles.
We also have in stock Yaz Birth Control Pill which is another combination tablet used for the same indications.
Presentation and Marketing of Crisanta LS Tablet
Crisanta LS tablet is marketed by Cipla Pharmaceuticals and is offered to the consumer in a blister pack of 24 pills or tablets. The suffix LS denotes 'Low Strength' formulation.
The tablet blisters are indicated by unidirectional arrows obliging the consumer to follow a pattern of daily intake with the days of the week marked as well.
The marking system serves to remind women of which pill have been taken and which are due. It boosts the requirement for diligent daily pill taking which is utmost for the success of Crisanta LS tablet as contraceptive.
Active Ingredients of Crisanta Contraceptive Pill
Each of the 21 pills of Crisanta LS contains two hormones namely Ethinyl Estradiol 0.02mg and Drospirenone 3mg.
The 0.02mg dose of Ethinyl Estradiol is considered a very low dose and makes for the minimum requirement to meet contraceptive needs while affording the best side effect profile to the user.
Drospirenone is a fourth generation progestin with beneficial effects in reducing hyperandrogenic states and fluid retention, both of which are put to good use with Crisanta LS tailored application in specific diseases that benefit from such actions.
Manufacturer of Crisanta LS Tablet
Crisanta LS Contraceptive Pill Dosage and Information On How To Use
Crisanta LS pills must be taken once daily, preferably at the same time every day and ideally recommended at bedtime.Crisanta LS should ideally be started on the first day of the menstrual period, but in users who shift over from other contraceptives, it can be started on the very next day after either the last active pill or the last placebo pill from that pack whichever is later.
On completing 21 Crisanta LS pills over 21 days, nothing is taken for 3 to 4 days, for during this period the user must wait for her 'withdrawal bleed' which usually happens in that time. Once the withdrawal bleed comes she is free to start the next new pack of Crisanta LS. Whenever any hormonal pills are stopped after having taken them for a period of time, they give rise to an artificial, light and painfree period or menses termed as the withdrawal bleed.
In case Crisanta LS is started later than the first day of menses, additional barrier contraceptives must be used to assure pregnancy control while hormonal levels of Crisanta LS are still being built up in the body.
Crisanta LS Missed Pill Instructions – What to do in case of missed pills
The efficiency of Crisanta LS contraceptive pill relies on the motivation of its consumer. Daily intake promotes adequate blood hormone levels ensuring safety against pregnancy.
Missed one pill?
Take it as soon as you remember plus you'll have to take the next day's pill too at its scheduled time. This may mean having to take two pills in one day. Thereafter the rest of the pack is continued as usual.
Missed two pills anytime in the first two weeks?
Take two pills on the day you remember and two pills on the day after as well. Additional protection in the form of barrier contraception such as condoms or a diaphragm is required for 7 days. The rest of the pack is then continued as usual.
Missed two pills anytime in the last two weeks?
Discontinue the current pack of pills and start afresh with a new pack with additional barrier protection for 7 days.
Missed three or more pills?
Stop this pack of pills and start with a brand new pack but remember to use additional barrier protection for 7 days.
In the event of missed pills, especially two or more, you may not get your periods as expected. In any case of missed pills users are forewarned to look for an inadvertent pregnancy. A pregnancy test is valuable and/or a medical consult may be necessary regardless of the presence of a withdrawal bleed.
How does Crisanta LS Tablet Work? – Mechanism Of Actions
Crisanta LS tablet works like any other contraceptive hormonal pill in that it prevents ovulation, implantation and sperm transport. Drospirenone in addition confers upon it benefits of anti-mineralocorticoid and anti androgenic activity. LH and FSH are two hormones in the brain that naturally stimulate the ovaries to promote follicle generation into a dominant follicle that forms an egg. LH in mid cycle gets a surge in its levels from such a dominant follicle that in turn bursts the follicle and cause egg release or ovulation.
In the presence of sperm, the egg gets fertilized and such a newly formed embryo moves toward the prepared womb lining to sit and grow there; a physiological state referred to as Implantation.
Crisanta LS tablet floods the blood stream with external synthetic hormones, an estrogen and a progestin. These act negatively in the body as they are outside substances with similar chemical structures to endogenous estrogen/progestin. Crisanta LS effectively blocks the actions of LH/FSH in the body cited above. Thereby contraception is effected from no egg release and blockade of Implantation.
A further postulated mechanism suggests the thickening of cervical mucus present at the mouth of the uterus to block sperm entry.
Drospirenone helps in preventing fluid and salt accumulation which may be seen in women during menstrual time. It reduces the masculinization effects (oily skin, unwanted hair growth and irregular cycles) produced by excessive male type hormones or androgens in some women with disorders like Acne, PCOS and Hirsutism.
Applications and Uses of Crisanta LS Tablets
Below is a list of indications for which Crisanta LS contraceptive tablets have been found to be beneficial:
- Crisanta LS is popularly marketed for contraception and is successful in preventing pregnancy with a very low failure rate of 1 to 2 pregnancies per hundred women per year. Compared to other contraceptive methods, it is like all other hormone pills easy to use and is reversible in its effect on fertility control.
- Ethinyl estradiol when taken over a period of time reduces the accumulation of freely circulating androgens. This action is mediated through the elevation of SHBG (sex hormone binding globulin) which is a protein substance in the blood that binds DHEA-S, Testosterone and other androgenic hormones. Coupled with this action is the role played by Drospirenone with its direct androgen antagonist activity. It is seen therefore, with three to four months of Crisanta LS use, there is amelioration in crops of Comedones and sebum secretion on the face. Hence the invaluable role played by Crisanta LS in the management of Acne.
- Premenstrual syndrome is a multi-symptom disorder characterized by physical and psychological issues month after month in afflicted women. Water and fluid retention out of proportion to those in normal individuals has been postulated as the one of the possible etiologies of this disorder. Crisanta LS regulates the excess fluid retention in these women through drospirenone's anti - mineralocorticoid activity as discussed earlier.
- Regulation of the menstrual cycle finds favor in conditions like Dysfunctional Uterine Bleeding, Polycystic ovaries and abnormal bleeding states like menorrhagia from various causes including fibroids. Crisanta LS has the ultimate effect of promoting regular cycles, with minimal flow, less pain and bloating.
- When used for at least six months to one year, Crisanta LS tablet offers benefits in female genital cancers such as ovarian and endometrial (womb/uterus). Both these cancers are prevented with such use of Crisanta LS, not only during therapy but long after use is discontinued.
Reactions and Side Effects of Crisanta LS Tablets
Minor reactions are known with the use of Crisanta LS tablets and these are not deleterious at all and may disappear on their own or may need light treatment. The possible side effects of Crisanta LS tablets are given below:
- Amenorrhoea: Post pill amenorrhoea or a complete absence of menses/ withdrawal bleed is quite common in habitual and regular pill users over longer periods of time. This is liked by some and detested by some others. Nevertheless, if pill intake is regular pregnancy is not a consideration. Even then Urine pregnancy testing is worthwhile to be on the safer side.
- Breakthrough Bleeding: Hormonal levels in the blood must be maintained above a certain threshold. Fluctuating levels weaken the endometrial architecture and easy shedding results manifest as spotting to light bleeds during pill intake days.
- Nausea, lack of appetite, abdominal cramps, bloating and rarely vomiting.
- White vaginal discharge or Leucorrhoea, Yeast/ fungal infections.
- Headaches, hair loss, Insomnia, Nervousness, Mood swings, changes in libido.
- Allergy, Rash
- Fever, fatigue, Anorexia
- Darkening of facial skin
- Breast discomfort and congestion.
Adverse Effects with Crisanta LS Contraceptive Pill
Thrombosis, thromboembolism, blood clots in leg veins, blood clots in the brain and heart are known to have an increased risk in users of Crisanta LS. This is especially dangerous in women 35 years and above who are heavy or chronic smokers, and in women who have suffered from thrombosis in any form or are patients of thromboembolic disorders or who have a strong familial predisposition to blood clot formation. It is worthwhile to mention here the thrombotic tendency of Crisanta LS is heightened by the presence of Drospirenone which particularly enhances this risk.
Migraines, Headaches, Gall stones, Gall bladder and pancreatic inflammation are known.
Cancer prevention notwithstanding, Crisanta LS contraceptive pill unfortunately predisposes to certain cancers and tumors such as benign liver tumor - Hepatoma, Liver cancer and Breast cancer.
Warnings And Contraindications with Crisanta LS Tablets
Crisanta LS tablets should not be used in the following situations:
- Women with Blood clots in the legs, lungs, thrombophlebitis (inflammation or swelling of the veins), stroke, heart attack, diseases of the heart valves and inherited blood clotting disorders.
- High blood pressure, diabetes, high blood cholesterol or triglyceride levels.
- Smokers especially those over 35 in age.
- Women who suffer from Migraine headaches.
- Undiagnosed Jaundice, Liver tumors or cancer.
- Undiagnosed or suspected Breast or Cervical cancer.
- Undiagnosed vaginal bleeding.
- Allergy to its active ingredients ethinyl estradiol and drospirenone.
- Chronic diseases such as Liver, Kidney or Adrenal disease
Interactions of Crisanta LS with Other Drugs
Important drugs that reduce the effectiveness of Crisanta LS and otheroral contraceptives include, Anticonvulsants Carbamazepine (Tegretal), Phenytoin (Dilantin), Lamotrigin (Lamictal), Phenobarbitone (Gardenal).
Antibiotics Rifampicin (used in tuberculosis), Ampicillin, Metronidazole (Vaginal infection, loose motions) and Nitrofurantoin.
Hence it is vital to inform your treating doctor of all the medications you are taking prior to starting Crisanta LS as reduction in its efficacy from any of the above agents may lead to an unsuspected pregnancy.
Precautions while on Crisanta LS
The following precautions must be kept in mind when using Crisanta LS tablets:
- Crisanta LS does not offer protection against sexually transmitted diseases or HIV and hence while on the pill, barrier contraceptives must be used to guard against these.
- Crisanta LS will not harm any inadvertent pregnancy if it occurs while on it, but must be stopped immediately if wanting to continue the pregnancy.
- Crisanta LS affects lactation by reducing the amount of breast milk produced and alternative contraception methods must be sought during breast feeding.
Buy Cipla Crisanta LS Contraceptive Tablets Online
You can buy Crisanta LS Contraceptive tablets, manufactured by Cipla pharmaceuticals online from allcontraceptives.com. Crisanta LS birth control pills are supplied in a blister pack of 21 tablets.
There are no Shipping restrictions for this product.