What is Drotin Tablet?
Spasm is a sudden involuntary muscular contraction that afflicts many organ systems in the body. Prominent among these include the female genital tract with uterine spasms and pelvic cramps that mostly accompany menses. Other involvements include urologic and intestinal colic. Nonetheless the pain of spasm can only be called as excruciating, a gripe that ceases time for those who have experienced it.
Drotin M offers a ray of hope in these individuals especially women who continue to suffer from Menstrual cramp or PMD (premenstrual dysphoric disorder) on a monthly basis. Drotin M offer the dual distinction of having an NSAID as well as a non anti-cholinergic smooth muscle relaxant. Such synergy through pain relief and spasm relaxation has found great acceptance among all kinds of patients and women who so seek it.
We also have in stock Meftal Spas tablets which are used to treat Muscle pains, joint pains, toothaches, menstrual pain and headaches/mild migraine.
Marketing and Packaging of Drotin M Tablets
Drotin M medicine is marketed by Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals. It is available as a blister pack of eight tablets.
Formulation and Active Ingredients of Drotin M Tablets
Drotin M medicine contains a dual drug novel combination of Mefenamic Acid 250mg and Drotaverin Hydrochloride 80mg.
Manufacturer of Drotin M Tablets
Walter Bushnell Pharmaceuticals
How does Drotin work? – Clinical Mechanism of Actions of Drotin M
Drotaverine is an Isoquinolone. Basically it is an antispasmodic agent which acts in an unconventional manner in that it is free from any anticholinergic actions and its attending muscarinic side effects.
It acts at the micro cellular level blocking the actions of an enzyme called PDE-4, which in turn causes elevation of certain vital intracellular compounds namely cyclic AMP/c GMP and this ultimately translates to smooth muscle relaxation in all sites of the human body.
Mefenamic Acid on the other hand is a time tested NSAID. Coming from the Anthranilic acid family of compounds, it is a non selective NSAID meaning it inhibits all types of COX enzyme (Cyclooxygenase) but its actions on COX -2 prevent the production of the body's inflammatory mediators, the prostaglandins. Prostaglandin inhibition serves to reduce pain, fever and inflammation. Mefenamic acid is a potent analgesic a moderate antipyretic and a weak anti-inflammatory. Pain control and fever reduction are the mainstay of its activity with swelling reduction affected only marginally.
Drotin M Dosage and Method of Drug Administration
Drotin M can be taken up to thrice daily and preferably after a meal or having eaten something.
The presence of Mefenamic acid in Drotin M medicine necessitates a full stomach on account of its propensity to predispose to increased gastric acidity and stomach upsets.
Drotin M Tablet Uses and Applications
Below is a list of uses for which Drotin M tablet has been found to be beneficial
Pain control is the most important action of Drotin M, albeit its preferred specialty is spasmodic pain. Drotaverine synergizes with Mefenamic acid to resolve cramps and colic from various causes.
Urinary system spasms including renal colic, renal stones, urinary tract infection benefit from Drotaverine action. Drotaverine is useful in intestinal cramping from enteritis, gastroenteritis, diarrhea and dysentery which are all associated with gripe and colic.
Menstrual dysfunction from primary dysmenorrhoea with regular cyclical menstrual cramps responds well to Drotin M. Of particular mention is Pre Menstrual Dysphoric Disorder. Drotin M finds a very important role to play in the management of this condition which is characterized by a range of physical and psychological symptoms. Outstanding among its problems is a spasmodic throbbing pain in the pelvic area and other parts of the body often associated with bloating.
Drotin M finds useful application in a host of gynecological problems plagued by pelvic heaviness, discomfort or outright spasmodic cramps. These include Endometriosis, Adenomyosis, Fibroids, Ovarian tumors, Cysts and Chronic Pelvic Pain.
Orthopaedic conditions which include long standing disorders such as Lumbago, Rheumatoid Arthritis and Osteoarthritis are associated with chronic musculoskeletal or joint pains. Drotin M favorably relieves such pains in many cases.
Other uses of Drotin M include post-operative pain reduction, fever control from most infective and inflammatory causes.
Side Effects of Drotin M tablets
The possible side effects of Drotin M tablets are given below:
Possible side effects and reactions to Drotaverin
- Vertigo, Nausea, Vomiting and Dry Mouth may be notable.
- Headache, dizziness, constipation and flushing may occur in some cases.
- Fall in blood pressure is rarely seen.
- US FDA classification in pregnancy is Class "C" (Animal reproduction studies have shown an adverse effect on the fetus). Hence it should be used with caution especially in the first two trimesters of pregancy
Possible side effects and reactions to Mefenamic Acid
- Acidity, gastritis, flatulence
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea
- High blood pressure, fainting sensations, syncope, palpitations, tachycardia
- Derangement in liver function tests and abnormal renal functions
- Rash, edema, urticaria
- Bronchiolar constriction, pulmonary edema.
- Aplastic anemia, Thrombocytopenia and Agranulocytosis
- Autoimmune Hemolytic anemia is rare but life threatening.
- Central Nervous System manifestations such as dizziness, drowsiness and convulsions with high doses can occur.
- Mefenamic acid is classified by US FDA as Class "C" in the first and second trimesters of pregnancy and as Class "D" for the third trimester. Hence use of Drotin M tablet in pregnancy is best avoidable.
Drug Interactions with Drotin M Tablets
Listed below are the interactions of the medicine Drotin M with other drugs
Drotaverin may attenuate the action of levodopa with concomitant use
Drotaverin effects may be enhanced or a synergy is noted with benzodiazepines (valium), antimuscarinics (smooth muscle relaxants) and various analgesics
Mefenamic Acid elevates Lithium levels in blood and increases Methotrexate toxicity.
The risk of Gut bleeding is higher when Mefenamic acid is combined with warfarin, than with the use of these drugs alone or singly
Mefenamic acid diminishes the anti-hypertensive effects of ACE inhibitors
Administration together with Aspirin has synergistic effects with a potential to worsen the side effect profile of either drug.
Contraindications and Precautions with Drotin M Tablets
The following are the contraindications as well as precautions to be taken while considering treatment with Drotin M tablets:
- Drotin M must be used with great caution if not avoided totally in individuals with chronic and or severe liver or kidney dysfunction as well as in the elderly and children.
- Drowsiness from Mefenamic acid can produce drowsiness which can interfere with the performance of skilled tasks and caution must be exercised when working with heavy machinery or while driving.
- Caution is mandated in patients of Inflammatory bowel disease
- Careful and judicious use under medical consultation is warranted in patients with heart failure, arrhythmia and coronary bypass graft surgery.
Buy Drotin M Tablets Online For Only $0.59 per Tablet
You can buy Drotin M tablets online from allcontraceptives.com. Drotin M tablets are supplied in a blister pack of eight tablets. Each tablet of Drotin M costs only $0.59 when you place an order for 200 pills.
There are no Shipping restrictions for this product.