Estriol Tablets (Evalon Pills) - Product Information
Estriol Tablets (Evalon Pills) are prescribed as Hormone replacement therapy (HRT) for menopausal symptoms such as Atrophy of the lower urogenital tract, management of micturition complaints, hot flushes and night sweating due to the loss of oestrogen production in postmenopausal women .
Estriol tablets are also used for prevention of recurrent infections of the vagina and lower urinary tract as well as for treating Infertility due to cervical hostility.
We also have in stock Estradiol Vaginal Cream (Evalon Vaginal cream) which is used to treat moderate to severe dryness, itching, and burning in and around the vagina due to menopause.
Presentation and Marketing of Evalon Tablets
Evalon Tablets are manufactured by Organon Pharmaceuticals, India and is offered to the consumer in a blister strip of 10 tablets.
Manufacturer of Evalon Tablets
Organon Pharmaceuticals a division of Schering-Plough / Merck & Co
Active Ingredient present in Evalon Tablets
The active ingredient present in Evalon tablets is Estriol (also called Oestriol). Each Evalon tablet contains 1 mg or 2 mg of Estriol.
Uses of Evalon Tablets
Evalon tablets is a Hormone Replacement Therapy (HRT) and contains the female hormone oestriol (an oestrogen). Evalon is used in postmenopausal women with at least 12 months since their last natural period. Estriol Tablets are used for relief of symptoms occurring after menopause. During menopause, the amount of oestrogens produced by a woman's body gradually decreases.
If the ovaries are removed surgically (ovariectomy) before menopause, the decrease in oestrogen production occurs very abruptly. In many cases the decrease in oestrogen production leads to well-known menopausal complaints such as hot flushes and night sweating. The shortage of oestrogens may cause the vaginal wall to become thin and dry. As a result sexual intercourse become painful and vaginal itching and infections can occur.
Oestrogen deficiency may also lead to symptoms like urinary incontinence and recurrent cystitis. Oestriol alleviates these symptoms after menopause. It may take several days or even weeks before you notice an improvement.
Evalon tablets may also be prescribed to treat certain types of infertility, improve wound healing in postmenopausal women undergoing vaginal surgery or help assess cervical smears taken from postmenopausal women.
Dosage and Administration
The dosage of Evalon Tablets ( Oestriol ) for various indications is given below:
Treatment of estrogen deficiency symptoms:
The recommended dosage is 4 mg to 8 mg per day during the first weeks, followed by a gradual reduction. The lowest effective dosage of Estriol tablets should be used. In case of long term Evalon therapy in women with an intact uterus, monitoring of the endometrium or, alternatively, concomitant use of a progestogen is recommended.
Infertility due to cervical hostility:
The usual recommended dosage of Oestriol tablets is 1 mg to 2 mg per day on days 6 to 15 of the menstrual cycle. However, for some patients dosages as low as 1 mg per day are sufficient, whereas other patients may require up to 8 mg per day. Therefore, the dosage should be increased each month until an optimal therapeutic effect on the cervical mucus is obtained.
Please consult your doctor for your exact dosing instructions.
Oestriol Tablets Missed Dose Instructions
In case you forget to take a Evalon tablet, take it as soon as you remember, unless you are more than 12 hours late. In this case, skip the missed dose and take your next dose as per .
Do not take a double dose to make up for the dose that you missed. This may increase the chance of you getting an unwanted side effect.
Side Effects of Estriol Tablets
Inform your doctor immediately if you have any serious side effects of Estriol tablets (Oestriol), including: mental/mood changes (such as depression, memory loss), breast lumps, unusual vaginal bleeding (such as spotting, breakthrough bleeding, prolonged/recurrent bleeding), increased or new vaginal irritation/itching/odor/discharge, severe stomach/abdominal pain, persistent nausea/vomiting, yellowing eyes/skin, dark urine, swelling hands/ankles/feet, increased thirst/urination.
Estriol Tablets may rarely cause serious problems from blood clots (such as heart attacks, strokes, deep vein thrombosis, pulmonary embolism). Get medical help immediately in case you have any serious Oestriol side effects, including: chest/jaw/left arm pain, unusual sweating, sudden/severe headache, weakness on one side of the body, confusion, slurred speech, sudden vision changes (such as partial/complete blindness), pain/redness/swelling of legs, tingling/weakness/numbness in the arms/legs, trouble breathing, coughing up blood, sudden dizziness/fainting.
A very serious allergic reaction to Oestriol tablets is rare. However, get medical help immediately in case you notice any symptoms of a serious allergic reaction, including: rash, itching/swelling (especially of the face/tongue/throat), severe dizziness, trouble breathing.
Estriol Tablets Overdosage
Symptoms of Estriol Tablets (Evalon) overdose can include severe nausea or vomiting and withdrawal bleeding may occur in females.
Serious adverse effects have not been reported following acute ingestion of large doses of estrogen-containing oral contraceptives by young children.
Evalon Tablets Storage
Store Evalon tablets in the original package in a cool dry place at controlled room temperature (59°F to 86°F, 15°C to 30°C). Protect from light. Keep your Evalon tablets in a safe place out of the reach of children. Do not take the medicine after the expiry date stated on the blister and outer box.
Evalon Tablets Contraindications
Evalon (Estriol tablets) should not be used in the presence of the following situations listed below:
- Hypersensitivity to Estriol or to any of the inactive ingredients contained in Evalon tablets
- Known, past or suspected breast cancer
- Known or suspected oestrogen- dependent malignant tumours (e.g. endometrial cancer)
- Undiagnosed genital bleeding
- Untreated endometrial hyperplasia
- Previous or current venous thromboembolism (deep venous thrombosis, pulmonary embolism)
- Known thrombophilic disorders (e.g. protein C, protein S, or an tithrombin deficiency)
- Active or recent arterial thromboembolic disease (e.g. angina, myocardial infarction)
- Acute liver disease, or a history of liver disease as long as liver function tests failed to return to normal
- Rare hereditary problems of galactose intolerance, the Lapp lactase deficiency or glucose-galactose malabsorption
Warnings and Precautions while on Evalon Tablets
The following precautions must be noted when using Evalon tablets (Oestriol):
- Cardiovascular disorders: Estrogen and estrogen/progestin therapy has been associated with an increased risk of cardiovascular events such as myocardial infarction and stroke, as well as venous thrombosis and pulmonary embolism (venous thromboembolism or VTE). In case any of these occur or be suspected, estrogen therapy should be stopped immediately.
- The use of estrogens and progestins by postmenopausal women has been reported to increase the risk of breast cancer.
- It has been observed that that there is a slightly higher chance of Dementia in women who have under gone Estrogen therapy.
- A 2-fold to 4-fold increase in the risk of gallbladder disease requiring surgery in postmenopausal women receiving estrogens has been reported.
- Estrogen administration may lead to severe hypercalcemia in patients with breast cancer and bone metastases
- Retinal vascular thrombosis has been reported in patients receiving estrogens. Discontinue Oestriol tablets pending examination in case there is sudden partial or complete loss of vision, or a sudden onset of proptosis, diplopia or migraine.
Estriol Tablets During Pregnancy
Estriol has been classified by the US FDA as Category X. Studies in animals or human beings have proved foetal abnormalities or there is evidence of foetal risk based on human experience or both, and the risk of the use of the drug in pregnant women clearly outweighs any possible benefit.
This medicine is contraindicated in women who are or may become pregnant. In case you become pregnant while using Evalon Tablets, inform your doctor immediately.
Estriol tablets should not be used during lactation. Estrogen administration to nursing women has been proven to decrease the quantity and quality of the breast milk.
Detectable amounts of estrogens have been observed in the breast milk of mothers receiving estrogen-alone therapy.
Buy Estriol 1 mg and 2 mg Tablets Online from only $0.36 per Tablet
You can buy Estriol tablets online from all contraceptives. Evalon 1 mg and 2 mg pills, manufactured by Organon Pharmaceuticals, India are supplied in a strip of 10 tablets. The 1 mg tablets containing cost only $0.36 per unit when you place an order for tablets.
There are no Shipping restrictions for this product.